Few Paper Airplanes Tips From Ken Blackburn
1. Aircraft stability (all airplanes) is improved when weight is added to the front of the plane.
2. Generally the farthest flying paper airplanes are the standard pointed ‘dart’ types.
For extra distance try adding weight to the nose, such as a paper clip, or rolled or folded paper.
3. Wing span is the thing that really improves gliding distance (this is why sailplanes have long wings, but they have very narrow wings to try to reduce their wing area).
4. Remember the key to a good flying plane are the small adjustments : wing tips up weight on the nose bend the back of the horizontal tail (the elevator) up a little.
5. There are 3 main principles in making a good flying paper airplane -make sure there is sufficient weight on the nose of the plane -use some up elevator trim -use plenty of dihedral
6. Almost any type of paper will work – for my planes I prefer regular copier paper (20 to 24 pound thickness usually).
7. Perhaps the best paper airplane to use for speed, distance, and ease of construction is the Eagle design. The Basic Dart is also good, and should be familiar to many of your viewers, as it is my version of an old favorite. One “secret” to a fast, accurate, and long distance paper airplane is to add weight, such as a paper clip, to the nose of the plane.
8. Theoretically, increasing wing area should make glide distance a little worse. Wing span is the thing that really improves gliding distance
Get your fingers ready to fold and your arm ready to throw. On January 14, 2012, Guinness record holder Ken Blackburn will officiate The Paper Airplane Fly-Off at Pima Air & Space Museum!
Here’s some advice from Ken on how to fold and throw a winner.
http:/ / greatpaperairplane.org/
[精 牙] cool！
[dejavuism] good lawd transcribed subs suck donkey dong. ( it is a prize the other differences may seven nights and shahrukh reasons they’re relevant less tragic in a wide after why further allegation and have will instructed as you practice and then breakfast or laura laura remember bronx man is there it is important or more important than really hard gators are another sheet of paper and they could be even better paper good luck anyway /) I can’t even make these out by self-mumbling… also sage
[Zac Robertson] The weird thing is i know this man and his father because u lived next to his father for many years
[greatpaperairplane] We do too. We’re going to record the launch and will post it on our website soon after. So stay tuned! Thanks for the support and please spread the word!